Dr. Shamik S. Vakil
Dr. Shamik S. Vakil, also called Dr. V, was born in Houston, TX and grew up in Cleveland, TN where he graduated from Cleveland High School. Dr. V went to college at Samford University where he completed dual undergraduate degrees, earning a bachelor’s degree in biology and in political science. He then served on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC and abroad as a Congressional Fellow working with the International Foundation. He went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
While completing a two-year post-doctoral residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Dentistry, he also earned a Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry and a Master of Science (MS). His residency training gave him the opportunity to gain additional skills in pediatric medicine, sedation, anesthesia, orthodontics, and behavior management.
Outside of the office, Dr. V enjoys traveling, scuba diving, hiking, concerts, cooking, and is an avid car and motorcycle enthusiast! He is also a proud supporter of all Charlotte sports teams, especially the Carolina Panthers!
- Board Certified Diplomate
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- International College of Dentists
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry – Fellow