Meet The Doctor
Dr. Shamik S. Vakil
Dr. Shamik S. Vakil, also called Dr. V, was born in Houston, TX and grew up in Cleveland, TN where he graduated from Cleveland High School. Dr. V went to college at Samford University where he completed dual undergraduate degrees, earning a bachelor’s degree in biology and in political science. He then served on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC and abroad as a Congressional Fellow working with the International Foundation. He went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
While completing a two-year post-doctoral residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Dentistry, he also earned a Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry and a Master of Science (MS). His residency training gave him the opportunity to gain additional skills in pediatric medicine, sedation, anesthesia, orthodontics, and behavior management.
Outside of the office, Dr. V enjoys traveling, scuba diving, hiking, concerts, cooking, and is an avid car and motorcycle enthusiast! He is also a proud supporter of all Charlotte sports teams, especially the Carolina Panthers!
- Board Certified Diplomate
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- International College of Dentists
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry - Fellow
We can’t wait to meet you! Give us a call or click below to schedule your visit.